- In this episode we talk about what Sony and Microsoft presented at E3, and how the gaming world is reacting. Who won, who lost, and who told enough of the truth to actually win the hearts and minds. All that and more.Next Gen games and which console they are on https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlV1z_fOLp7YdE9ISGd4T1dneDBYcHZWNXBJRW9mM2c&usp=sharing http://i.imgur.com/ZWK5YzZ.png Oh, Don… http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-no-internet-connection-you-can-still-buy-an-xbox-360/ Xbox One Can Check Into the Mothership With a Cell Phone http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_one_24-hour_check-in_using_mobile_phone_uses_kilobytes_of_data_says_harrison.html
- In this episode, Sony invites Microsoft under a banner of protection to their E3 Press Conference. It didn’t matter that Sony was actually planning to kill the Microsoft executives, because Microsoft decided to commit Hara Kiri by themselves. Good job Microsoft.Microsoft Answers Some Questions
Titan Fall by Respawn Entertainment Coming to the Xbox One, PC Only http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/06/06/confirmed-respawns-new-game-called-titan-fall-xbox-one-pc-exclusive/ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=578141
EA to Talk About Star Wars Games at E3
- In this episode, Spark, Ranger and Jedi talk about Microsoft’s new console, the Xbox One. We also talk about the completely miserable way that Microsoft has handled the announcement and what we think they owe to gamers.The Used Games Issue http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-is-not-always-online-but-seems-to-block-used-509077987 http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-may-require-game-installs-close-out-used-game-market/ http://www.computerandvideogames.com/408116/microsoft-xbox-one-pre-owned-plans-consistent-with-way-the-world-works/ No Backwards Compatibility http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-not-backwards-compatible-with-360-discs-xbla-purchases 500GB HD With Option for USB Hard Drives http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-uses-non-removable-hard-drive-supports-external-usb-st NFL Games On Xbox One http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-features-nfl-live-broadcasts-smartglass-fantasy-footba Friends List Expands to 1000 http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-supports-1000-friends Xbox Q&A http://www.original-gamer.com/article/5594-Microsoft-designing-way-to-trade-and-resell-games-for-Xbox-One Live Family Plans Making a Come-Back http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/22/4354700/xbox-one-xbox-live-gold-family-support Help Fox News! http://kotaku.com/only-fox-news-can-save-us-from-the-tyranny-of-xbox-one-509331243 Francis Likes the New Xbox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyD1VlQdj2s&feature=youtu.be ***Mattrick Angers Gamers and JediChric*** http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/don-mattrick-if-youre-backwards-compatible-youre-really-bac/
Dear Major Nelson,
I would like to consider you a friend and with that, I have to say that every single one of my die hard Xbox friends is disappointed to say the least when it comes to the One. Not a single person I know, who has an Xbox 360, is thinking about upgrading to the One. I’m not going so far as to say its going to be a failure, but right now, I can’t imagine how its going to succeed.
The once every 24 hour internet check, the focus on adding ANOTHER box to our media center, no backwards compatibility, and the focus of game installations to the HD are a bit much to take right now. I, a loyal Xbox user since the original, am thinking of skipping this next generation myself. I’ve spent countless hours playing, getting achievements and having fun with my friends, and that now seems to be coming to an end.
Why is everyone at Microsoft ignoring the gamers? We are the ones that will buy the console’s first and get them into the house. We were the ones that made the Xbox 360 the media powerhouse that it is now. Without us, it’s going to be a VERY hard sell on the mom’s and dad’s of the world that don’t have (guessing) $500 to plunk down on an extra media device.
Let’s not forget the countless number of gamers that will not be able to connect to the internet and therefore not be able to play due to the once every 24 hours internet check. I have a friend who is now retired from the Army after 15 years of service. He was deployed to Afghanistan Iraq and the Balkans and if he had an Xbox One, then he would have never had a fun outlet during those stressful days.
How about an always on Kinect. There are lives and privacy issues that are being brought up all the time over the internet these days. Even though promises are made, no internet traffic is safe from breach or miss-use. There are serious privacy issue’s that need to be addressed.
The lack of backwards compatibility is extremely hurtful to a lot of gamers. And I don’t care how backwards Don Mattrick thinks devices are, I’ve spent thousands of dollars on my gaming collection (both disc based and XBLA) and I will no longer be able to play those games when I purchase a One.
Speaking of Don Mattrick, since when it is a good thing to call your consumers that we don’t know what is good for us? Apple got away with that…for a while. Microsoft is not Apple, and we decide what we want from our entertainment and games. We are the ones that will be paying hard earned money for this device. Let us decide.
I really think that the Xbox One is the wrong direction that Microsoft is taking, and I really hope you decide to change it.
I hope I am listening to you a year from now.
- In the all sex podcast, we were joined by a new co-host that completely made the show. We also talk about a lot of things that make us angry. If we didn’t offend you, then we didn’t do a good enough job, so give us another chance.An Xbox Exclusive Mech Game? http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/30/rumor-respawn-game-exclusive-to-next-xbox/ Last Borderlands 2 Season Pass DLC is All About Tiny Tina http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/02/next-borderlands-2-dlc-is-tiny-tinas-assault-on-dragon-keep/ SEGA and Gearbox Sued over Aliens: CM http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/01/gearbox-sega-sued-over-aliens-colonial-marines Wii-U in Trouble? http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/01/nintendo-tells-wii-owners-that-wii-u-is-not-just-an-upgrade?abthid=5181a228a121ab926e00001e EA Blitzes Nintendo, Sacks Madden NFL for 2013 on the Wii-U http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/02/no-madden-nfl-football-from-ea-sports-on-wii-u-in-2013/ EA To Skip Wii-U for All Next Gen Games http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/08/ea-frostbite-nintendo-wii-u/?utm_source=Feed_Classic_Full&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Engadget EA To Make and Distribute All Future Star Wars Games http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/05/the-future-of-star-wars-games-belongs-to-ea/ EA Getting Rid of Online Passes http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/15/ea-online-pass-ends/ Ouya to Allow Porn Onto Console http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?2300-Unlimited-Adult-Streaming-App-Set-To-Launch-For-Ouya Google Play is Official. It Offers Multiplayer Gaming and Achievements http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/15/google-play-launches-game-services-for-mobile-social-cloud-gam/ Gears Movie Back in the Works http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/29/variety-gears-of-war-movie-script-back-in-the-works/ Top Five Games with a Sex Scene #1 – GTA San Andreas – Hot Coffee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyR3qgw9g1k #2 – Mass Effect – Lesbian Sex http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bibTpvXq6E #3 – God Of War III: Chains of Olympus #4 – Far Cry 3 – Trailer at E3!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-gi9-aqp4g #5 – Mass Effect series Other creepy sex games: Custer’s Revenge - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY2AqKCpGkk Phantasmagoria - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgvcdACskg Leisure Suit Larry - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqXpWJhsuaI BMX XXX -
- In this episode, we talk shit about games and take our anger on Adam Orth and EA on those responsible, which would be Adam Orth and EA.STFU Adam Orth http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/05/microsoft-studios-creative-director-dismisses-concerns-over-alw/ Francis Hates Adam Orth https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cW28VSmXnCo#! No Longer With Microsoft http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/10/following-twitter-tirade_2c00_-microsoft-designer-adam-orth-resigns.aspx Paul Thurrot’s Take on the Xbox Roadmap http://stickskills.com/2013/04/10/paul-thurrott-xbox-720-wont-be-online-only-for-games/ Xbox Roadmap? http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/10/4208970/next-xbox-tv-entertainment-plans Ubisoft Montreal CEO: Consumer are ready for Always On http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/15/ubisoft-montreal-ceo-comments-on-always-online-i-would-suspect-the-audience-is-ready.aspx More Star Wars Battlefront III Video’s Leaked http://www.egmnow.com/articles/xbox_360/more-star-wars-battlefront-3-footage-appears-online/ EA to Gaming World: “We Will Do Better” http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/ea-executive-responds-to-worst-company-poll-we-owe-gamers-better-performance/ Achievement Unlocked: EA Voted Worst Company Two Years In A Row http://consumerist.com/2013/04/09/ea-makes-worst-company-in-america-history-wins-title-for-second-year-in-a-row/ - Your policies and practices got you this title, EA, not homophobes. Layoff’s @ EA, Nothing to Do With WCIA Award According to EA http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/11/ea-layoffs/ EA Closing More Servers As Social Gaming Tanks http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/as-player-numbers-crater-ea-will-shut-simcity-social-other-facebook-games/ Ouya Console Not Ready To Be Reviewed (Then Why Send Them Out?) http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-05-ouya-responds-to-negative-reviews Some (Probably Me) Won’t Get It Until End of May Got an Xbox? Order a Pizza http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/23/xbox-pizza-hut/
- In this episode, we talk about why Xbox rumor don’t mean the crap they are printed on. Why Gearbox has fallen as fast and as far as they have in the amount of time that they have. And why we hate ads.RIP LucasArts http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/04/03/disney-closes-game-publisher-lucasarts.aspx LucasArts Confirms First Assault and 1313 Halted http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/04/star-wars-1313-halted-says-lucasfilm/ Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy Go Open Source (Hello Ouya!) http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/after-lucasarts-closure-jedi-outcast-and-jedi-academy-go-open-source/ Looking Back At LucasArts http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/looking-back-at-our-favorite-lucasarts-gaming-classics/ Borderlands 2 to Get Level Cap Increase to 61, New Character for $10 http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/24/borderlands-2-getting-new-class-level-cap-raise-in-the-next-few/ Now Available http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/02/borderlands-2-level-cap-raise-available-now-for-a-fee/ Doom 4 Headed to Next Gen Consoles http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/report-troubled-doom-4-being-retargeted-for-next-generation-systems/ Gearbox: “We’re Committed to Our Games” (Referring to A:CM) http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/24/gearbox-on-aliens-colonial-marines-were-committed-to-our-game-pax-east SEGA Europe Admits That the Trailer for A:CM Doesn’t Match Final Product http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/03/sega-europe-asa-aliens-colonial-marines/ First SimCity DLC is Paid Advertisement… http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/04/simcitys-nissan-dlc-the-right-idea-at-the-wrong-time/ Ouya Pissing on Big N, Will Allow Nintendo Emulator’s At Launch http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/03/ouya-to-bolster-launch-games-with-nes-snes-n64-emulation/?comments=1 Ouya Launch Games Listed http://30plusgamer.com/ouya-launch-games-list/ Video Games in Men’s Urinals http://www.nbc12.com/story/21802405/video-games-appear-in-urinals-at-ballpark Leaked Info on NeXbox Controller (No Pictures) – Credible? ….. Oh its on…..A.R. http://www.noshitshurlock.com/first-details-on-new-xbox-720-controller/
- In this episode, we talk about how the Ouya might not be the run away hit right out of the box. And then we talk about games and which Star Trek movies were the best and debate on whether Galaxy Quest is one of them. Enjoy the show.Saints Row 4 on 8/20 http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/15/saints-row-4-release-date-august-20/ New Borderlands 2 DLC http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/08/gearbox-teases-new-borderlands-2-vault-hunter-dlc-at-sxsw/ Star Wars: First Assault http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/11/rumor-star-wars-first-assault-is-a-multiplayer-shooter-curren/ First Videos Leaked http://kotaku.com/5990366/leaked-footage-of-star-wars-newest-take-on-battlefield-and-call-of-duty 4BG Patch for Aliens: Colonial Marines http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/18/aliens-colonial-marines-patch-fixes-a-lot-of-things-even-the-f/ Carmageddon Coming to the PS4 and NeXbox http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-20-carmageddon-reincarnation-becomes-a-ps4-and-next-xbox-game-as-well-as-pc-mac-and-linux Games Submitted to Ouya Store Will Be Checked by Ouya for Playability http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/developers-submit-your-game-to-ouya-now-to-get-it-in-the-store-march-28/ Ouya Will Not Ship with Online Chat, Friends Lists or Achievements http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/12/ouya-wont-ship-with-online-chat-friends-lists-achievements/ EA: No Refunds for SimCity Purchases http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/ea-not-altering-return-policy-for-furious-simcity-buyers/ But EA is Giving You a Free Origin Game Press and Bloggers Find Holes in the Must Have Server Connections for SimCity http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/fans-press-uncover-massive-holes-in-simcitys-ai-server-connection/ Open Letter from Employee to EA Exec (Or Should I say Former Employee) http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/19xb2m/a_letter_from_an_ea_employee_to_executives/ EA CEO Resigns… http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/03/electronic-arts-ceo-resigns-effective-on-march-30/ $1000 Piston For Pre-Order and Releases This Holiday Season http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-03-11-valve-backed-xi3-piston-console-starts-at-USD1000 No Associated with Valve Anymore http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/12/valve-disassociates-itself-from-xi3/
- In this Episode, we bash EA for with everything that we have. We lay into them and we show no mercy and we do the same for Randy Pitchford and Gearbox for the second straight episode. We are Mad As Hell and we are fed up with it!SimCity Is Popular…And Unplayable
Users are Revolting
A Warning to MS and Sony
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/08/simcity-burning-a-warning-to-microsoft-sony-and-all-publishers-on-the-dangers-of-always-online-drm “Game Console’s Are Already Dead”
http://readwrite.com/2013/03/04/game-consoles-already-dead-developers-know-it Sega Employee: “Gearbox stole from SEGA, they robbed us, lied to us about the game”
Gears of War: Judgment Aftermath
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/04/gears-of-war-judgments-aftermath-builds-a-bridge-to-gears-3/ Sony Can’t Keep It Straight on Used Games
Even Sony Doesn’t Know What the PS4 Looks Like
PS4 and NeXbox Games to Stay at $60?
EA Says Otherwise
Then, EA Clarifies…Did Sony Clamp Down?
EA’s Vision of the Future: Single-Identity Across Platform
Ouya Ships to Backers on 3/28
Quit You Job and Host Game Parties
http://www.gametruckparty.com/richmond Keep on fucking that chicken:
- In this special episode, Sparkstalker leads us off, we RANT some, and then rant some more about Gearbox and Aliens and then we rant even more. We also had a little technical difficulties but recover nicely.The New PlayStation
- Did Sony just say: “Screw E3, we’ll do it in February”?
It Will Not Block Used Games
Dualshock 4 with touchpad (about the size of a business card), not touchscreen, and camera (that looks like Kinect)
No Backwards Compatibility/PSN Purchases Will Not Carry Over to PS4
4K Video Confirmed for the PS4
PS4 in a nutshell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rJDn0jRnUQ&feature=youtu.be Randy Pitchford Acting Like a Bitch and Looking Into Why E3 Demo Was Different Than the Game
Randy Bragging about being able to do Aliens Post E3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZuUQy_T2I4
Destiny: Here It Is
Gears of War: Judgment – No Horde Mode…BAD
http://www.trueachievements.com/n12348/gears-of-war-judgment-multiplayer-details.htm 60% of Gamers Will Not Buy New Xbox if Used Games Are Not Allowed – Says GameStop